Monday, December 29, 2008

50 Books in 2008!

Well, 52, actually. And over the next few days, I hope to reach 55 books, read in the span of one year.

I think it's on heckuva accomplishment!

Which brings me to my New Year's Resolution - 75 Books in 2009.

While I'm not entirely convinced that it's possible (since my life will flip upside-down, come graduation) but I'd still like to try. LibraryThing has been my best friend this year, and I've been able to keep track of almost everything I've read!

A quick-list of some of the most memorable:

The Boleyn Inheritance
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
< (Just finished this last night.) The Tale of Despereaux
The Thirteenth Tale
The Writing Life
Writing with Style
A Room of One's Own
Writing Down the Bones
Cutting Down the Vines of the Past
Blessing the House (poetry)
Cranford
Basil
Paper Towns
Neverwhere
Twilight
The Gatecrasher
Finn
The Other Boleyn Girl
Bird by Bird
The Seduction of the Crimson Rose
Franny and Zooey
Year of Wonders
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
Deception of the Emerald Ring
Looking for Alaska


It's been a good year. Sean has fallen into Zombie Madness, preparing for the imminent apocalypse. Strange, but it's caused him to read far more books than past years. School has gone well, and I've found myself fortunate to make a truly great friend. At times, I'm pretty sure that we're the same person, we're so alike. I (finally) met my youngest cousin, Carlynne (Carlie). She's absolutely adorable. Over the summer, Sean and I fostered two dogs from CAHS, and hope to bring in another sometime today or tomorrow. That is, if they ever email me back! My sister is doing exceptionally well at her art college, pulling in all kinds of awards and opportunities. My little brother has suddenly become a pre-teen, complete with peach fuzz on his upper lip. Strange.

I got to spend an entire day with my Grandma and cousin Claire last week, going through all of her old books. Now, I have a 3 page list of books to look up on Alibris and other sites, to try to determine the value of these precious tomes. Some might be worth something. Others are full of crayon and memories. Grandma and Grandpa are weeding, you see. They plan to have a huge yard sale this summer, and then sell the house. THE HOUSE. I'll be so distraught to see it go. I love that house. Anyway, Gram and Gramp want to move into the retirement community just across Burcham. And I want to buy their house (haha)!

Alright, this is enough internet-ing for now. I've got to make lunch, and then hit the books.

No comments: