Friday, April 6, 2012

Gardening in Pearls... and a CAT APRON.

It's my day off!
First one in quite some time, 
thanks to the big book show
The morning has been a whirlwind of 
drinking yesterday's coffee, fresh bread, 
 bit of paper crafting and lots of laundry.
And cleaning.
So much spring cleaning.
 
Cookies are up next, and I'll top them with
the delicious Maple Syrup Creme we found at the
Fenner Nature Center's Maple Syrup Festival!
 When you spend a large portion of your time in an apron,
it is important to own an apron that makes you smile.


CAT APRON!
(Am I crazy? Maybe. Or are you just jealous?)


Sean gets off earlier than usual this afternoon, 
so we'll be headed to the Garden for some sun and seed planting.

Here are some before and after shots of our little backyard garden.
Radishes, about a week and a half ago.
Radishes this morning.

Salad greens growing in the coldframe, about a week and a half ago.
Our salad supply, today.
The peas are coming up!

Tulips, P. Allen Smith style.
I'm excited to watch what happens with these two pots.
Last fall I filled them with fancy purple tulip bulbs... 
20 to 30 bulbs in each one!
Should be somewhat spectacular.










((Looking at all of these gardening photos, 
I find myself wondering what I'll do once we have children. :P))

No comments: