Friday, April 16, 2010

Audrey vs. the Voice Inside

Hey, there.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I really am sorry. You see, I've been... busy?

Well, no, that's a lie. Most of my abundance of free time has been spent reading, with some scribble-writing on the side.

What's that? Almost a year since graduation?

Oh. Yeah. Well, I've been working on a few things. You know, just in the rough first stages.
What? No, nothing of academic merit.
No, more of a novel.
Well three novel ideas. But nothing solid.
Hmm. No. I thought about expanding my senior thesis, but...

Well, I just didn't do it, okay?
Has it really been a YEAR?

Well, I moved to another town. That counts for something. And I planned and took part in a wedding, so that took up some of my time.

But that ended in October.
But Christmas! That was busy!

And now it's really still just the start of the year. Mid-April.
Good lord, it's almost summer.

I do have plans, you know. We're moving in less than a month. The book shop just did the big show, so we're still recovering from that...

No, you're right. I still only work 20 hours a week. And I spend too much time watching other people's unique and exciting YouTube videos while continually putting off any sort of creative output of my own.

But I got NetFlix.

And I've read 21 books since January 1st. It takes a reader to be a writer, eh?

Maybe this is a new start.
But a guilt-fueled start rarely runs the course.

(x-posted in that other blog I abandoned)

No comments: