Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Now, this is Reality TV. I have a feeling that this epic presidential campaign is far from over. Both candidates have their legal teams in place, ready to contest and protest anything which has even the slightest reason to bicker over.

Student Congress is hosting an election night party tonight, from 8pm until 11pm. Sundaes and a big-screen TV, and more banter and debating than the average person can stomach. Great. Just what adamant political hot-shots need - a sugar high.

Still, I think I'll go. I work until 9, and it's hard to turn down free ice cream. Plus, it gives me an excuse to avoid my homework.

Speaking of work - my boss was rather mean. I went out of town for the weekend, and came down with food poisoning Sunday night (lousy pledges... or lousy shrimp - not sure). Come Monday, I'm bed ridden. My shift at the library began at 2pm. Ordinarily, it would go until 7pm. But I had already bribed someone to cover from 4pm until 7pm. I knew no one would take 2 to 4, but I tried, anyway. Needless to say, I couldn't find a sub. And furthermore, my supervisor didn't believe that I was sick and stranded out of town. Bah.

I can't wait to leave this job behind. I've been here since the fall of 2004, and it's driving me nuts. December is the end of my time here at the front desk, but I'm not going far. The Archives department is just downstairs, but it far exceeds life as a student employee deskie. I. Can't. Wait. No more cleaning up after less responsible employees. No more running back and forth, dancing for the various supervisors. No more crummy schedules. Freedom!

Now, to figure out the latest conundrum - to settle down, or to go to graduate school .

No comments: